The Relationship Management group for UK academic libraries is a national group of Information Professionals with primary responsibility for liaison and relationship management in their library service.
It first met in April 2013 at the University of York – and since then has met twice a year.
Members are those who lead teams for whom relationship building and management with academic and support staff in Higher Education is integral to their role.
On 19 and 20 November 2015, the Group is holding its first conference for all library staff working in relationship management roles.
- Provides virtual and physical forums and events for members to discuss strategic confidence
- Seeks partnerships with existing national bodies to promote and support those events
- Identifies and advocates for staff development opportunities for all people in liaison roles
The work of the Group is co-ordinated by a Steering Group. The members of the Steering Group are currently:
- Andrew Barker, University of Liverpool
- Michelle Blake, University of York
- Dominic Broadhurst, University of Manchester
- Lisa Haddow, University of Stirling
- Fiona O’Brien, University of Westminster
- Dave Puplett, University of Kent
- Ben Wynne, University of Leicester